Sunday 10 October 2010

The NOW Festival brochure

This 48-page arts festival brochure is my favourite piece of work from my time with Agenzia, an integrated agency based in Nottingham.

As The NOW Festival was created to showcase talent in emerging art forms, we decided to take a bold direction in terms of look and feel. We developed a strong three-tone colour palette, a bespoke typeface and a vibrant tone of voice to get across the festival's identity. This was then used as the basis of all promotional creative work produced to support the festival and its related events.

You can see the visual impact in the image below:


As well as working on the creative direction of the brochure, I also oversaw all aspects of its production. I wrote, commissioned and edited copy ranging from long features to one-line event previews. I also laid out the pages and sent them to print once the festival director had signed them off.

The end result was a daring, unusual brochure for one of the UK's most innovative arts festivals. It got great feedback from the client and, more importantly, the public loved it too.

I think it's a piece that really needs to be touched and read in person: let me know if you want to get your hands on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment